nuffnang

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A taste of home

  sitting down after a fortunately not so busy day, i bit into my homemade burger and hotdog. a wave of nostalgia washed over me as i tasted my creation. the sensual combination of the taste of meat, sausage, freshly cut cucumbers and tomatoes made me remember the good things that i had back in my hometown Miri. although the meat was of inferior quality(students package of ramly chicken patty and A1 cheese sausage)  compared to the fresh and good meat products that my mom uses at home, the food that i was brought up on and learnt how to make still  puts me in a happy state. its like having a substitute mama pat you on the back and say "good boy good boy" and the imaginary tail swishes at a frequency of 10 hertz, very very happy arf!!

  we are from where we are from, a cumulative bag of experience, habits and parts of our home community. from a single bite can light up and relinquish the memories of the past. a skill can tell others what you like and how much effort you put into it. a certain setting brings out the experience and attitude on how we handle situations.

  sometimes, as a guy individual, it feels like i forget my hometown and all the folks in it. i forget how much each person, place and thing has an effect on me and how they actually, in small ways, make part of me. i wasn't blessed with the feeling of missing anything, oho, how insensitive, so catching up with my family or old friends would need a little more initiative and effort. why do i suddenly come to this point? it is because it is about acknowledging your roots, which add up into your behavior and finally yourself. plus i feel its filial piety  that you update your folks at home and that u know what they are up to at the moment when they aren't directly looking after your parasitic butt in the house. :) and after saying all this, i suddenly feel that i miss home. . . .a bit. . . not very very . . . but at least a bit is better than continuing to be insensitive.

   SO, i'll call my folks. anyone who reads this, call your folks, unless you have been doing this, then you are a good and loyal son or daughter, and i applaud you.

 saying hi to my ma soon,
leon

No comments:

Post a Comment