nuffnang

Thursday, December 23, 2010

BLUNDER!!!

 I was going back to miri, happy as could be because I was going to see my family after a long and tiring semester of research in IMU. As usual, while packing, we would wonder all about what we were to bring home. This time, I didn’t have to bring any luggage with me, only a hand carry bag. So I thought I could rest easy and just bring whatever I thought I needed, without making a proper check list.
 After leaving IMU, things were going on alright. A fast 1 hour ride to the lcct, no sweat. Chilling in the lrt, KLIA transit and slept in the shuttle bus. However when I reached the lcct, there was some nagging feeling and fear in me, a sixth sense I suppose, which was worrying me. When I went to the check in counter, i found out that there WAS no check in counter to miri! It had closed. 10 minutes before I reached. I whipped out my phone and checked the message again. 1625. Oh crap, here I was thinking 1645. 20 minutes is a LOT of difference. I had NO idea why the hell I had mistaken that timing. Such an easy mistake on an extremely important thing. Oh hell, this was like singapore again where I did not bother to check the proper terminal at which I was departing. Thank goodness that there was a customer service counter that allowed me to get on the plane with ease, much more ease because I was not carrying any luggage other than a back pack.
  So my flight to miri was uneventful but safe. I am really glad that I am here back at home. What more, since it is just for a week, I have to appreciate and use this time that I have here to the max. on thurday,  me and my family would be going to a 6 star hotel called ‘The Empire’ in brunei plus eat all the sushi and food that brunei has to offer. It’s just one thing, the realisation of it came like a blow to my head and I did not dare to voice I out for 5 minutes. I left my passport back in KL. The passport needed to get through the immigration office and get to this land of joy. I curse myself so badly. HOW could I not remember it!! Maybe it was that time while packing stuff, I was stupidly still watching starcraft2 videos!! I should have been more serious!! And just as a general rule: ALWAYS BRING YOUR PASSPORT WHEN YOU TRAVEL, EVEN WHEN YOU DO NOT NEED IT! My mom always said to bring your passport whenever you travel, but out of the countless times that I brought my passport, I only needed my I.C. so it did not really make sense to always bring the passport, only this time where it was just SO unlucky and stupid that I did not.

So I am going to make another bunch of lessons for travelling:
1)      Always bring the important document wherever despite not using it all. I.C, Passport.
2)      Check the details for the flight PROPERLY and beforehand. Time, terminal, luggage.
3)      Plan the timing earlier to leave the house. It is better to be early and wait then being just on time. Do not be lazy to wait at the airport earlier.
4)      Lastly, despite going through the same event countless times, DO NOT take these important events lightly, or it will turn around and punch you kin the face.

There, 4 simples rules, and you won’t go wrong when going on an important event. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, Leon, you almost missed ur flight? I thought we just discussed that time that must check the flight departing properly and go to airport earlier, swt swt, luckily u were able to board the plane...

    ReplyDelete